If you would like to join our practice as a pay-as you-go patient, please ring or call in to see one of our receptionists in order to arrange an initial consultation.
Initial Consultation 45-60 minutes £98
The first visit to a new dentist is important for both dentist and patient. We allow enough time to discuss previous dental history, any concerns or apprehensions you may have, as well as conducting a thorough examination of your mouth.
This full consultation will include:
- Taking a medical and dental history.
- Checking your teeth and gums and recording information about them on the computer.
- Checking the function of your jaw joint.
- A visual examination of your mouth as part of oral cancer screening.
- Any necessary x-rays or photographs.
- Discussion of your oral hygiene routine.
- Discussion of proposed treatment (if any) and agreement on a treatment or maintenance plan.
- Providing an estimate of the anticipated cost of any planned treatment.
Initial registration will be on a pay-as-you-go basis. Once dentally fit there may be the option of joining Denplan Care which will cover all your future routine care such as check-ups and hygienist visits as well as necessary treatment such as fillings, crowns and root canal treatments (excluding laboratory fees).
Alternatively you can join our Denplan Essentials plan straight away. This will cover your check-ups and hygienist visits and give you a discount on all your treatment.
A Family Practice
At Katoomba we know how important it is to look after children and educate them about dental health from an early age. If you are a regular attender at our practice, we would love to see your children too. If you visit as a family, we will try to be as flexible as possible regarding the time you can come. If you prefer your children to be seen separately, the appointment will be within a designated time that each dentist has set up.